The legendary band The Who remains to be one of the main images of WOODSTOCK and what it symbolized with their songs of generational revolution like "My Generation" and "Won't Get Fooled Again." They are now timeless. I still dig them!
But don’t miss the Great Lessons that can be learned from that historical weekend as it relates to your Search For Significance! The Who, Santana, Jefferson Airplane siezed on an opportunity that some totally missed! People miss simple clues that are right next to them! You and I need the ability to detect the clues life sets before us. On this rainy day, these 3 bands and others were asked on short notice to be in a documentary called "Woodstock” and although this decision didn’t seem all that important at the time—it turned out to be the Apex of their careers! Serendipity can appear in unlikely places and come from unexpected sources. Successful people are always expecting serendipity. I love the GK Chesterton quote: “The one thing in life that gives radiance above other things is that there is something great just around the corner.” Are you looking for it?!
On the other hand, many others at Woodstock like The Incredible String Band, refused to go on in the rain and missed the documentary shooting window even though they performed later. They didn't make the legendary film and missed out on the support/screen release that the others benefited from. As the Woodstock legend and movie grew, The Who by their performance and agreement to be in the documentary made them one of the leaders/anthems of change for generations to come. They’re now connected to that event forever and the images from that documentary continues to reach people, while others…unfortunately missed out!
Let’s review 7 Success Tips to assist you in your Search for Significance.
1. When confronted with an opportunity–Ask yourself-- is the Risk Worth the Reward?
2. Life is made up of “Moments and Choices.” Don’t miss yours!
3. Anyone on a great quest is looking for clues that will guide them! You’re closer than you think!
4. Your dream is the fire that energizes you toward your destiny. Don’t allow your own negative thinking to extinguish it!
5. Fear of failure keeps more people stuck in the status quo than anything else!
6. One of life’s great paradoxes is that by not deciding you’re making a decision. Step out!
7. Don’t be a fence sitter. When given an opportunity--Seize it!