Sunday, August 23, 2009

You & I Need Our Friends! Lean on Me!



One of the BIG MISTAKES in life today is that most people never reach out for help, never lean on their “Who” in times of need. Not sure if you saw this YouTube w/ Bill Withers & USC Trojan Football Team last week. Love Bill's advice to the team:

"Don't lose sight of the comraderie that you have Now. The later you go in life--the less access you will have to 'this kind' of friendship."

“Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain; we all have sorrow
But if we are wise, we know that there’s always tomorrow
Lean on me when you’re not strong
I’ll be your friend; I’ll help you carry on,
For it won’t be long ’til I’m gonna need somebody to lean on.…”

As I reflected on this song, it occurred to me there have been many times in my life when I needed a friend to lean on. But there were many times when I chose the wrong somebody. Have you ever done that?

  • Is it pride?
  • Perhaps you’re afraid that your friends will see you as weak and needy. Big deal—we’re all weak and needy at one time or another!
  • Perhaps you’re afraid your friends will reject you. But the problem with that kind of thinking is that it’s never true in reverse. You’re a real friend to your friends. If one of your friends came to you for help or advice, wouldn’t your heart be open to them? Of course it would! That’s what friends are for.
  • Is it that we don’t want to let those closest to us know that we have problems? Hello! We all have problems! You know that, and your friends know it, too.
  • You might be saying something to yourself like, “I’m not sure I have enough friends in my life who can or will help me.” Sure you do! Trust me, "You Got Who!” You just have to: Remember, Reach Out and Re-Connect.

Friends often come into our lives at just the right moment to help and encourage us to the next level. I don’t think that’s by chance. Every significant change in your life will involve your “Who.” They’re already there. Like the song says…

“For it won’t be long til I’m gonna need somebody to lean on!”
Watching the USC Trojan's friendship & team unity should worry opponents this year!

Unleash the Power of WHO in your friends & family’s lives today!
http://twitter.com/yougotwho
www.linkedin.com/in/bobwho
www.myspace.com/bobbeaudine
http://www.facebook.com/yougotwho?ref=profile

No comments:

Post a Comment